Brian + Mary Katherine | Obici House | Suffolk, VA | October
Updated: Apr 23, 2019
This couple was so family oriented it made my heart sing! I loved how they cherished their family so much. Mary Katherine decided to incorporate her young daughter into the wedding. Their relationship was so sweet to watch throughout the day. You could just feel the love being around those two. Speaking of family this wedding was certainly a family affair! As the officiant and Brian walked down the aisle the brides cousin Melanie played Perfect by Ed Sheeran on the violin. Melanie also played Pachelbel's Canon in D Major for Mary Katherine's grand entrance down the aisle! Watching Brian and Mary Katherine up at the altar was a sight to see, you could just feel the love they have for each other.
Watching their first dance was magical! They did it in front of the Obici House as they danced to I Cross My Heart by George Strait. It was also fun to watch Madison's face as she watched her mom dance happily with her new husband!
DJ West was absolutely PERFECT! WE could not have asked for a better DJ for our Wedding! He was so fun and easy to work with, and so professional! He helped us with music selections and made the whole process so nice and smooth. He and his team did an amazing job setting everything up for cocktail hour and the reception as well. He is SO INTERACTIVE and FUN and got everyone on the dance floor! We have received so many comments about DJ West and would absolutely recommend him to EVERYONE who needs a DJ! AMAZING JOB! LOVE HIM!
I wanted to end this blog by giving out some tips that can help you incorporate your family into your wedding!
1. Ask around to family members to see if anyone has any musical talents like singing or playing an instrument and audition them for the big day!
2. Ask family and friends what song or songs would get them on the dance floor
3. If there are small projects that you are doing and your family or friends are willing to help or have been asking to help, make a list of small things they can do and ways they can help make your wedding everything you desire
4. Create a wedding website: Try not to overwhelm yourself by texting and calling everyone to tell them every detail. Direct them to your wedding site and let them know they can find all of their answers to their questions there. A FAQ page is always helpful!
5. Make sure to say thank you every step of the way to your family and friends! They deserve to be appreciated for taking off work, spending money, and traveling to come to your wedding. One idea is to have a thank you note at their table waiting for them during the reception!
Congratulations to Brian & Mary Katherine! I had a great time DJing at your wedding!
Ceremony & Reception:
Recessional- Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder Bridal Party Entrance- Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake
First Dance- I Cross My Heart by George Strait
Father/ Daughter Dance- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Mother/ Son Dance- The Dance by Garth Brooks
Cake Cutting- How Sweet it is to be Loved by You by James Taylor
Bouquet Toss- Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain
Great Dance Song Ideas: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke
R.E.S.P.E.C.T. by Aretha Franklin
The Twist by chubby Decker
Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
Don't Stop Believing by Journey
I wanna dance with somebody by Whitney Houston
September by Earth, Wind, & Fire
Shout by The Isley Brothers
Friends in low places by Garth Brooks
Florist: Johnson’s Gardens
Makeup- Dhalia Edwards Makeup
Coordinator: The Happy Hour Hostess
Rentals- Waterford Event Rentals
Transportation- HCL Transportation LLC
Dress: Studio I Do Bridals
Hair- Kelly Leggett
Officiant- Rev. Dr. Patsy A Watson
Ceremony Music- Violist: Melanie Mason (bride’s first cousin)
DJ West Entertainment is a Virginia Beach Wedding DJ serving Norfolk, Chesapeake & Hampton Roads. Professional & high energy, DJ West will make any event rock.
Turning your party into memories that last a lifetime!
Check out my reviews and see for yourself!
Tags Suffolk, Suffolk, Virginia, Suffolk Photographer, Wedding Photographer, Wedding DJ, Virginia Beach Bride, Husband and Wife, Vows, First Dance, Wedding Music, Wedding Planner, Special love, Virginia Wedding, Wedding Dress, Music, Fun, Excitement, Love, Tuxedos, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Maid of Honor, Best Man, Dancing, Laughing, Veil, Bowtie, Tie, Garter, Bouquet Toss, Fall Wedding, October