How To Plan Your Ceremony Music
Updated: May 20, 2020
Music will help you tell your love story. Let’s talk about how you can plan your ceremony music so your ceremony will be just how you want it. Your Ceremony can be as short and sweet as you want, as long and romantic as you want, or as religious or non-religious as you please. My goal is to hear how you want it & to make it happen!
You should incorporate your particular music style in your ceremony because it is the first part of your wedding and it sets the tone for your entire day. This is when you and your fiancé come together and say I do, there will be moments where your family will be moved, your friends will cry, you may cry, and your whole life will be put into perspective, so choosing the right music to go along with that is critical. Let’s create a perfect ceremony for you!
A traditional Ceremony will need music for:
The Groomsmen Processional
The Bridesmaids Processional
Flower Girl/ Ring Bearer
The Brides Entrance
The Recessional (Exit)
Your guests will arrive about 45 minutes to an hour before your ceremony even starts and you want to have music playing as they arrive. An acoustic instrumental, love songs, pop, R&B, jazz, or classical music may be what you decide to choose, whatever it is make sure it matches the mood you want to set. Some examples I have played in the past are: How Long Will I Love You- Ellie Goulding, Thousand Years- Christina Perri, and Giving It All (To You) - Haley & Michaels.
I have had couples who choose the same song for the Groomsmen walk, the Bridesmaids walk, and Flower Girl/ Ring Bearer walk, and I have had others that choose a different song for each walk. It is really what you and your fiance prefer. What I want you to focus on is the tone of the song or songs you pick (Think Genres).
I will ensure all of the music flows together perfectly through transitions and cue points.
What will the Bride walk down the aisle to? The bride's entrance is the moment that everyone has been waiting for and is the most anticipated moment of the day!
This is your moment! Think of it as if you were in a movie and what would be the soundtrack to that scene!
Important Questions to Ask Yourself:
1. What is your favorite genre(s)?
2. Do you have "Love Songs" that make you smile & happy?
3. Do you prefer love songs with words or instrumentals?
4. What is your favorite instrument? (Guitar, Piano, Violin, Saxophone, Trumpet, etc.)
5. What mood would you like to create for your Wedding Ceremony? (Mellow, Chill, Exciting, Romantic, Classic, Traditional, Spiritual, Meaningful, etc.)
6. Hypothetically: If you could have a professional singer of any genre perform at your Ceremony who would it be?
7. Would you like to incorporate live musicians with your DJ?
For example, did you have someone that you would like to sing a song during your ceremony, play an instrumental or did you hire a string group to play a few songs?
We can actually work with the live musicians to ensure you have everything covered for music & microphone projections.
Most Popular Wedding Ceremony Songs of 2020
1. A Thousand Years: Christina Perri or Piano Guys
2. Love Me Like You Do: Brooklyn Duo
3. Turning Page: Sleeping At Last
4. Wedding March: The Violin Sisters
5. The Point of It All: Anthony Hamilton
6. Isn't She Lovely- Acoustic: Callum J. Wright
7. Can't Help Falling In Love: Elvis Presley or Haley Reinhart or Kina Grannis
8. Speechless: Dan + Shay
9. I Get To Love You: Ruelle
10. How Long Will I Love You: Ellie Goulding
11. Wanted: Hunter Hayes
12. Best Part: H.E.R. & Daniel Ceasar
13. Never Stop: SafetySuit
14. Why I Love You: Major
15. Canon In D: Brooklyn Duo or Johann Pachelbel
16. Halo: Beyonce
17. Ribbon In The Sky: Stevie Wonder
18. Begin Again: The Piano Guys
19. Somewhere Over The Rainbow: Israel Kamakawiwo' ole
20. Thinking Out Loud: Ed Sheeran
21. I Choose You: Sara Bareilles
22. Here Comes The Sun: The Beatles
23. Stand By Me: Ben E. King
24. I Found Love (Cindy's Song): Bebe & Cece Winans
25. The One: Kodaline
26. The Sacred Romance: Michael W. Smith
27. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours): Stevie Wonder
28. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love): Natalie Cole
29. You Make My Dreams: Daryl Hall & John Oates
30. Marry You: Bruno Mars
31. Best Day of My Life: American Authors
32. You Are the Best Thing: Ray LaMontagne
33. On Top of The World: Imagine Dragons
34. Love On Top: Beyonce
35. CAN'T STOP THE FEELING!: Justin Timberlake
36. Forever: Chris Brown
37. Ain't No Mountain High Enough: Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell
38. Loving You Easy: Zac Brown Band
39. Home: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
40. First Day of My Life: Bright Eyes
41. I Do: Colbie Caillat
42. I'm Yours: Jason Mraz
43. Sugar: Maroon 5
44. Love Never Felt So Good: Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake
45. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You): James Brown & The Famous Flames
46. Feels So Close: Calvin Harris
47. You & I (Nobody in the World): John Legend
48. XO: John Mayer or Beyonce
49. Bless The Broken Road: Rascal Flatts
50. All My Life: K-Ci & JoJo
Top 10 Bride Entrance Songs
1. XO: John Mayer
2. Say You Won't Let Go: James Morrison
3. Perfect: Ed Sheeran & Beyonce
4. From the Ground Up: Dan + Shay
5. Everything: Michel Buble
6. God Gave Me You: Blake Shelton
7. Can't Take My Eyes Off You: Lauryn Hill
8. How Deep Is Your Love: PJ Morton
9. Spend My Life with You: Eric Benet
10. All of Me: John Legend
Top 10 Wedding Party Songs
1. How Long Will I Love You: Ellie Goulding
2. Speechless: Dan + Shay
3. Best Party: H.E.R.
4. Bridal March: Johnathan Cain
5. Why I Love You: Major
6. A Thousand Years: Christina Perri
7. Can't Help Falling In Love: Haley Reinhart
8. Canon in D
9. Ready for Love: Bad Company
10. I Choose You: Ryann Darling
Top 10 Recessional Songs
1. Signed Sealed Delivered: Stevie Wonder
2. I Do: Colbie Caillet
3. This Will be an everlasting Love: Natalie Cole
4. Love On Top: Beyoncé
5. On Top Of the World: Imagine Dragons
6. You are the best thing: Ray Lamon
7. Ain't no mountain high enough: Marvin Gaye
8. Let's Get Married: Jagged Edge, Remix
9. Loving You Easy: Zac Brown Band
10. Happy: Pharrell Williams
DJ West Entertainment is a Virginia Beach Wedding DJ serving Norfolk, Chesapeake & Hampton Roads. Professional & high energy, DJ West will make any event rock. Turning your party into memories that last a lifetime!
Check out my reviews and see for
Tags Virginia Beach, Virginia, Virginia Beach Photographer, Wedding Photographer, Wedding DJ, Virginia Beach Bride, Husband and Wife, Vows, Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Music, Wedding Planner, Special love, Virginia Wedding, Wedding Dress, Music, Fun, Top Ceremony Music, Ceremony, Excitement, Love, Tuxedos, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Maid of Honor, Best Man, Dancing, Laughing, Veil, Bow tie, Tie, Garter, Bouquet Toss, summer wedding, Norfolk, May