Kevin + Charneice | The Westin Hotel | Virginia Beach, VA | August
This wedding showed me the importance of having a support system during your
wedding. The bride's mom was very active in the planning and I saw the peace of mind it
gave the bride, Charneice. Every bride needs someone who will support them and help
them bring their vision to fruition and keep them at peace. Their wedding vibe was definitely an elegant affair. I loved seeing the groom respond when we suggested they exit the ceremony to his favorite artist Nipsey Hustle. His smile and confidence lit up the room to have his bride and hear his jam playing.
The reception was hype. The bridesmaids never left the dance floor. I remember hearing one of the bridesmaids saying "I wish he would stop playing all my jams so I can sit down!" They were literally dancing all night! I loved how they hyped up the bride whenever she was on the dance floor.
During the Bride and Groom's time at the photo booth, they showed off their new wedding rings in the photos. No props needed! We were able to get the bridal party and guests off the dance floor long enough to get some fun pictures!
"The best husband and wife duo! I loved the photo booth and
uplighting. West kept everyone at my wedding dancing. Highly recommend!"
Having a wedding during a pandemic is difficult but possible. They were prepared and took all the necessary precautions. Everyone got their temperature taken by a team of hostesses that were there when guests arrived. Each guest was then escorted to their seats (6ft apart) in the ceremony ballroom. There were hand sanitizers and signs asking guests to practice safe habits. At the photo booth, we had our own hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to clean and disinfect props throughout the evening. The guests really appreciated the extra step we took to keep them safe.
Tips for future Brides and Grooms
1. Purchase event insurance
2. Trim down your guest list due to COVID restrictions
3. Sit your guests by household due to COVID
4. Stay in constant communication with vendors and venue
5. Get a Day of coordinator
6. Pick individuals for your wedding party that can afford to be in your wedding
7. Have people in your wedding that truly love and are happy for you
8. Don’t be afraid to drop people out of your wedding party that are causing you trouble.
9. Trim down your guest list due to COVID restrictions
10. Sit your guests by household due to COVID
11.Recommend getting a photographer & videographer. I had both!
12. Everyone told me that I was the calmest bride ever. What I did was: had my own suite to get away from people if I needed to, ignored the people that were irritating me all year, and I was not around anyone the night before my wedding.
13. My mother & I received a lot of compliments about planning my wedding. We were able to do this because we were organized. If you’re not organized, hire a wedding planner.
14. Purchase your bridal & wedding items from amazon. This will save a lot of money
15. Get premarital counseling
16. Research all vendors and view their previous work. Ask vendors for recommendations and who they have worked within the past. I loved all my vendors!
*quoted by Charneice owner of Simply on point Events LLC (coming soon)
Congratulations to the Newlyweds!
Bridesmaids Song: You For Me by Johnny Gill
Bride Entrance: Why I Love You by Major
Recessional Song: Dedication by Nipsey Hussle
First Dance Song: Made To Love Ya by Gerald Levert
Great Dance Song Ideas:
Dance Monkey – Tones and I
Umbrella – Rihanna
Señorita – Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabella
Girls Like You – Maroon 5
Raspberry Beret – Prince
Despacito – Luis Fonsi
Mustang Sally – Wilson Picket
Respect – Aretha Franklin
Wannabe – Spice Girls
Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
Venue- The Westin
Photographer & Videographer- Michael and Jasmine Price Photography
Baker- Incredible Edible Bakery
Florist- Fluttering Flowers
Planner- Simply on point Events LLC
Learn More about our Party Booth: http://www.djwestent.com/post/photo-booth
DJ West Entertainment is a Virginia Beach Wedding DJ serving Norfolk, Chesapeake & Hampton Roads. Professional & high energy, DJ West will make any event rock. Turning your party into memories that last a lifetime!
Check out my reviews and see for yourself!
Tags Virginia Beach, Virginia, Virginia Beach Photographer, Wedding Photographer, Wedding DJ, Virginia Beach Bride, Husband and Wife, Vows, First Dance, Wedding Music, Wedding Planner, Special love, Virginia Wedding, Wedding Dress, Music, Fun, Excitement, Love, Tuxedos, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Maid of Honor, Best Man, Dancing, Laughing, Veil, Bowtie, Tie, Garter, Bouquet Toss, winter wedding, Norfolk, August